A lot has been done at Susan’s,
Siding, trim, ratproofing, drainage
Paver walkway, steps, rehang & weatherstrip front door, garden beds cleaned up,
Interior cleanup (lots of stuff moved and re-organized), drywall hung, taped, textured, painted, trim milled and installed, steps rebuilt.
Thanks again for all the help thus far. Great progress!
There are still some areas which need more attention, generally as follows:
-gutters and downspouts, tied into new drain pipe.
- extend new drainpipe 10′
- backfill and level east side
- skirting shingles at south and west walls, using existing shingles
- make a removable access door for the crawl space.
- Kitchen window sash and sill rebuild (John S)
- trim at front door, bay window apron, chair rail,
- skylight trim, possibly resize to less than 8′ to allow secondary clear panel.
- linoleum strip off of fir floor. (Eric did some of this last weekend, slow going, need help)
- Sand, paint, clear finish wood floor.
- Lockset install (I drilled and mortised everything, but had the wrong backsets, so I will install on next visit.)
- stain and seal concrete floor
- Baseboard heaters. Carol has suggested that we hold off on the woodstove, and install a couple baseboard heaters instead. These may come from heaters replaced in the main house. We’ll have to run a couple new circuits.
- porch light fixture
- Ceiling light fixtures for lower room. Does anyone know why there are four boxes arranged on the ceiling like they are? Haven’t been able to decipher that one.
Crawl space: vapor barrier, insulation